Thursday, February 11, 2016

Fuchsia on Emerald


A disastrous project turned to be a beautiful piece.  The fuchsia colored clay is Fimo. After using Sculpey for almost all of my projects, I find the Fimo very crumbly to condition (I admit Fimo is best to do canes, very sturdy).  I was tiered conditioning it.  When I am irritated, to over come that I tend to do something intentionally wrong. This is an example, I rolled out the clay very thin and cut out small pieces and did some flowers on the emerald clay uneven and ugly.  Then I went on do something else and forgot about it.  The piece was missing and found it sticking to my long sleeve which had the texture and all the flowers pressed and embedded to the base clay, voila!, beautiful texture, good looking, did a pair of earring and did the edges with gold and it is sold out too :).  The necklace is strung on nylon cord, not adjustable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment