Thursday, August 24, 2017

Frost Glass/Mint cake

I was just doodling on translucent clay with my new bottle of white 3D acrylic liner.  I use that for another technique and just was trying on this.  The white on white looked so beautiful, I baked it.  The 3D liner I know will not stick on to polymer clay so I had to protect it with an other layer of something.  I used super super thin translucent clay and baked again.  I was upset the design smudged and there went the pendent to the trash box (yes I have a load of them collected over the time of about 3 years).  As usual my OCD would not let me waste even baked clay.  I played with it a bit and finished it as a regular necklace.  I should admit I got an overwhelming response for this.  My friend Shilpa Shajan says it resembles frost glass, and my other friend from the group Hooked on to Polymerclay, Alan Cordiner said it looks like Kendal mint cake, a confectionery from English Lake District usually carried by the mountaineers as an energy booster.
Now it is elegantly pearched on a plaited leather cord with decorated PC beads and looking happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment