Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Anuraga

The artist in me gets bored very quickly.  I have taken time to know the polymer clay and its working, now slightly getting bored with it.  Love to combine all the art forms I know to make mixed media work.  My next attempt is that.  I love beads from my very young age. I used to collect them whenever possible. I am so happy now I can make beads of any color I wish.

This is a painting done using a technique called relief technique which I had to fit into a 3x2.5 inch frame, then varnish and waterproof it.  I have used glass beads and semiprecious beads to complete the necklace with the painted pendent.

I called it Anuraga, meaning love, nothing less when it is Radha and Krishna comes together in a single frame.  What was more astounding was when I looking for other words for love in Sanskrit.  They have 96 odd other words for "Love".  No other language has this many words to choose from. 

All is fine.  When it comes to photograph this big a piece of necklace which is 17 inches long and is called opera, it gives you a tough time.  You can never get the whole thing in one picture.  somehow managed to get one with a new prop.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment