Monday, November 27, 2017

Photo Frame

Another image transfer technique.  This is my favorite.  This gem I found in my stash of wedding cards. This was actually a piece I made for a challenge called "into the frying pan" on my group HOP.  The pendent is finished with tube beads and simple beads made of polymer clay on matching cotton cord.


A small tutorial on how to string the pendent with all the metal parts concealed.  

The link to the trick of transferring the image is given in my previous post.

A friend had asked me to share the the secret of its stringing.  Here it is.  I am not an expert.  I take a lot of time to finish my creation.  So a lot of thought go into it. 

I do not have pictures of some of the initial steps.  I have managed some pictures for the later part.

Step 1: Bake the pendent with 2 eye pins inverted at an equal distance.  You will have the stem of the eye pin jutting out after the bake. ( No pic)

After baking the piece.
 Step2 : insert a bead into the eyepin and make a loop.

Step 3: knot the cord in the loop.  I have used a 5mm cotton cord.

Step4:  Now use a wide mouthed bead to cover the cord knot and the loop. I made a tube bead for this purpose.  Can also use store bought large mouth beads.

 ..



Step 5: Add another bead if you wish after the tube bead.

 Step6 : knot the end, so that behind the scene is hidden, and leaves one wondering how the whole thing is strung.
 The secret  is revealed 😎😎😎

No comments:

Post a Comment